Afternoon Tea Adventures; Park Regis Hotel, Birmingham
Last month as part of Afternoon Tea week I went to the Park Regis hotel at Five Ways, Birmingham to have afternoon tea. Food is served in their restaurant which has a modern classic look with views over the city.
Tea was English breakfast with as many refills as we wanted. Firstly we were served an amuse Boucher; a salmon mousse served in a pastry scone.
- Cucumber and mint and Cream cheese
- Honey roast gammon ham with Dijon mustard
- Rare roast beef with Horseradish and tomato, brioche bun
- Smoked salmon and chive creme fraîche wrap
Next were the scones and the homemade fruit scone with clotted cream and conserve was delicious.
Concerning the other scone I was glad I was paying attention before I layered jam and cream on it. There were great bits in the scone. It turns out it was a savoury Cheddar cheese and chive scone. Oh how strange that would have tasted with cream and jam. It was delicious but we weren’t told it was a savoury scone and was served alongside the jam and cream.
- Blackberry passion fruit lollipop
- Mango, sour cherry granules
- Jasmine green tea macaroon
- Salted caramel and chocolate mousse
- Jivara sponge, Cherry chiboust, orange sablé breton
- Raspberry and pistachio opera cake.
All totally delicious. Apart from the shock of nearly putting cream and jam on a savoury scone, everything was delicious. The afternoon tea at The Park Regis Hotel is priced at £24. They also serve a gentlman’s and a Hendricks gin afternoon tea which are both priced at £29. Booking is required.