I know that I can be my worst enemy at times. I know I am too hard on myself, too cruel and struggle to be truly happy with my lot. There’s changes I need to make but there are also things I’ve learnt to accept about this never ending roller coaster called life.
- Life isn’t fair.
- Failure is not always a bad thing, it can teach us so much.
- Success may not always be the best thing for you.
- Beware of fair weather friends.
- Nobody really knows what goes on behind closed doors.
- Don’t continually say yes to others, it won’t make you happy.
- Don’t continually say no to yourself as that won’t make you happy either.
- You can’t control other people but you can control how you react to them.
- The lies we tell ourselves are more dangerous than the lies we tell others.
- You don’t have to like everyone.
- Everyone doesn’t have to like you.
- Grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
- First impressions can be wrong.
- Unless you have had identical life experiences as someone else you can never truly know how you would react to a certain situation.
- Life moves on even if you don’t.
- Knowing your own mind can be one of the hardest things.
- Too much time and energy is wasted on things you can’t change.
- It’s ok to get things wrong as long as you learn from the experience.
- Too much time is wasted comparing ourselves to others
- The older you become the more you realise how little you know.
- Asking for help is a strength not a weakness.
- The past is a lesson, not a punishment.
- If you always focus on what is missing, you will never see what you already have.
- Knowing and accepting your flaws can be your best asset.
- Forgiveness is the best gift you can give to anyone especially yourself.
What things have you learned in life?