15 More Lessons I’ve Learnt In Life
I honestly believe that life is one long education and every day we learn something new about ourselves and the world around us. I don’t know about you but life just seems to fly by so fast and is always changing. Last year I wrote this post as a follow up to my original post about things I had learnt in life. But even in my
There is no doubt that I have had my ups and downs along the way; there are many thing people never told me and probably even more things I was actually told but didn’t listen to. I really do believe you are never too old to learn new things and discover better way of doing things you already do.
Here are 21 more things I have learnt in life:
- Slow down. Take time to enjoy life and don’t rush things. Everything happens in its own time no matter what you do.
- Being so consumed in where you need to be in life, will often make you miss all of the wonderful and beautiful things along the way. The end of the journey is just as important as the journey itself. Learn to sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Debt really isn’t worth it. Credit cards, store cards
andloans can all cause more headaches in the long run. They can quite easily turn your life upside down and in order to make ever-increasing repayments your finances can easily spiral out of control. Plus it will always cost you way more than if you had saved for the purchase. Modern life has meant we are become a ‘want it all now’ society. Don’t fall into that trap.
- Ask for help. It’s not a sign of weakness.
- Keep life simple and be grateful for the little things in your life that money can’t buy.
- Things are just that things and when the proverbial hits the fan, things don’t matter.
- Failure is the stepping stone to success. If you didn’t get the outcome you expected it doesn’t mean you are a failure. Pick yourself straight back up and learn from what happened. Mistakes really are the best way to learn in life. Make as many as you need to as long as you learn from them.
- Fear will constantly try to stop you. Doubt will also try to stop you. Whether you want to go on new adventures or make changes in your life you will never know what may happen unless you try. Don’t let fear rule you.
- Naps are good. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Let go of expectations especially those you have about other people. Expectations give false hope to how something should be. You may be surprised what can happen when you have an open mind.
- Time spent outside in the fresh air can help most almost anything. Take time out of your schedule for some outside time every day.
- You are going to miss something. Life is better when we don’t try to do everything as we are able to enjoy the moment without rushing through life thinking you need to see everything.
- You can’t change people. Just stop trying but you can change your attitude to how you think about and more importantly react to their behaviour.
- Don’t believe everything you see on social media. 99% of the time people just show their ‘perfect’ which isn’t always what their day to day is really like. If you don’t want the world to know, don’t do it and more importantly don’t put it on social media.
- Life is short. Super short. Shorter than you can imagine. Just learn to appreciate and enjoy everything.
What are some of the life lessons you have learnt?