There is nothing more tasty on a midweek lunch than a bowl of piping hot chili sweet potato and butternut squash soup. Even more delicious is when it is homemade with a little warm kick of chili and is served with warm homemade bread. We love homemade soup and eat it quite often. It’s the sort of meal where you just grab any vegetables you have to hand and can be very economical to make too.
This recipe is so easy and you will soon have a nutritious family meal. I also find homemade soups are a great way of getting vegetables in to the children.
- 2 peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- Peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 chopped red chili
- Veg stock
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Creme Fraiche
- Place the veg, chili and stock in a saucepan and boil until soft
- Liquidise the soup and season to taste
- Stir through the creme fraiche
- Serve pipping hot with crusty bread
- Soup can be frozen for one month
Are you a fan of homemade soups?