I love cooking and baking. I really enjoy making homemade food for my family and friends. I enjoy spending an afternoon in the kitchen preparing a tasty meal but there are also time when I want and quick and easy dish that hits the taste buds just right. I adore making both sweet and savoury meals. When I am entertaining I want to give my guests a quick and easy starter that I can prepare in advance. There are also other times when I want a quick, easy and tasty meal. A meal that is light yet tasty. A meal that is comforting. On occasions like this I love to make a simple trout pate and serve with fresh crusty bread. This smoked trout pate will impress your guests and make a great late night meal for you to enjoy on a lazy evening in front of the television.
This delicious trout pate was made using some peppered smoked trout. The pepper gives it such a lovely taste which contrasts lovely with the fish, lemon and mustard. The seasonings can be adjusted to your own personal taste.
This is a really easy pate to make and even my children loved it. Obviously, if you are not a fan of a heavy pepper taste then plain smoked trout can be used. Instead of trout you could use smoked salmon as an alternative.
- 350g Smoked Peppered Trout
- 2 teaspoons of English mustard
- 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Finely chopped chives
- Place the smoked fish, creme fraiche and mustard in to a food processor and mix until the pate is smooth.
- Add to this lemon juice and the sugar. Mix well.
- Cool in the fridge for minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve the pate with fresh crusty bread.