Beef Stroganoff Slow Cooker Style
I’m always looking for an easy to prepare meal which is tasty and filling. One of my families favourite beef meals in slow cooker beef stroganoff. This is a great recipe as I can start it before I go to work and its already when I return from home. Slow cooking the beef mans it is always tender and melts in the mouth. It also means you can buy cheaper cuts of meats from your butcher as the beef is cooked slowly meaning it isn’t tough.
This beef stroganoff is a very filling meal and the paprika gives a lovely warming taste to the meal. We find it not to be over spiced and has just the right amount of warmth for children to enjoy too. I find this recipe easy to make and love to double up the ingredients and freeze half for a future meal. The strognaoff will freeze for a month and is best warmed by allowing to defrost completely then either warming thoroughly in the oven or in a microwave.
- 1kg steak
- 2 sliced white onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 500g of button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 250ml of passata
- 2 tsp paprika
- 200ml sour cream
- 250ml beef stock
- Tablespoon of French mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the steak in to bite size chunks and brown in a little oil.
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the mushroom and the sour cream in the slow cooker.
- Stir well
- Cook the beef stoganoff for 7 to 9 hours using your slow cookers auto setting or for 4 to 5 hours on the high setting.
- Add the mushrooms to the beef stroganoff and cook for a further 40 minutes.
- Add sour cream and stir well cooking for another 20 minutes.
We like to serve our beef stroganoff with wild rice or you could serve with pasta.