Beef Stew Recipe
I love beef stew especially at this time of year. All rich and warming. I could eat it everyday! I love adding mushrooms, onions and chopped tomatoes, carrots and chopped potatoes.
When cooking beef stew I either cook in it the oven on a low heat for 3 to 4 hours or pop it in the slow cooker mid morning and let it cook all day. Beef stew is an easy recipe to follow and even if you class yourself as not being able to cook you can easily make this hearty meal for your family.
- Cubed stewing steak
- Pack of mushrooms chopped in to 2
- 2 large onions red or white
- 2 chopped carrots
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Packet of passata
- 1 litre of beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- Little oil
- Firstly start by seasoning the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Next in small batches brown the steak using a little drizzle of oil
- Once you have browned all of the beef place it either in an oven proof dish or your slow cooker.
- Add the passata, chopped onions, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms.
- Pour in the beef stock and stir
- Cook in the oven for 3 to 4 hours at about 160 or in the slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours.
- What you want is to slow cook the meat so that it does not become tough instead it will break apart easily.
- As the beef stew cooks the sauce will thicken in to a lovely tasty gravy.
Please let me know if you try this family friends beef stew. Would love to hear how you enjoyed it!