We are big fans of scones here. They are an absolute favourite with a cup of tea. They really are very easy to make at home. Instead of the usual sultanas this recipe uses chocolate chips to add a little treat to your scones.
- 400g Self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100g butter
- 50g Caster sugar
- 200ml milk
- 50g chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
- Cut the butter in to cubes and mix in to the flour mix
- When it resembles breadcrumbs add the chocolate chips and stir
- Slowly add the milk and mix until you have a dough. You may not need all of the milk.
- Grease & flour an 8″ loose bottom baking tin
- Press the scone mixture in to the tin
- Brush over the top with a little milk and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until risen and golden brown on the top
- They taste lovely whilst still warm.
Click the food and drink badge below for more foodie posts